How to Become a Friend
You are welcome to join us in supporting Valley Gardens. Your membership is important whether you can participate directly or not. Our membership numbers illustrate community support which, in turn, helps us in our applications for grants and in our requests for improvements to the Gardens.
By becoming a member, you will:
- assist/influence projects relating to the preservation and maintenance of Valley Gardens
- receive invitations to meetings, events and lectures connected with Friends of Valley Gardens
- be kept informed of opportunities to become directly involved in Valley Gardens including gardening activities
- know that you are helping to support and maintain Harrogate’s Award-Winning Park
- Individual membership (one vote): £10
- Household membership (one vote): £15
- Youth membership (age 13 through 19) (one vote): £4
- Organisational membership (one vote): £20
2013 Membership Drive: Our Administrative Officer, Sue Clarke, writes: “First of all may I thank you for supporting FOVG. In 2012, our membership has continued to increase helping to give our fundraising its biggest year to date. With our increased membership we have raised over £30,000, most of which is applied toward the Old Magnesia Well Pump Room restoration project. With your help and subscriptions we look forward to raising even more throughout 2013. Your contributions have been very important, helping to keep Valley Gardens the unique and special place we all know and love.”
Friends of Valley Gardens, Harrogate Achieves Charity Status and are Eligible for Gift Aid: FOVG became a Registered Charity during the summer of 2012. As a registered charity we are able to apply to a broader scope of funding streams and sponsorships and are eligible for Gift Aid and VAT exemptions. Our Charity number is 1148369. When you fill out your membership form, please complete the Gift Aid form which is attached to increase the benefit of your membership to FOVG.
Everything you need to know about joining Friends of Valley Gardens is contained on our membership form. Please click here to download the membership and standing order forms for 2012. If you prefer, please contact us by email.
FOVG have developed a pamphlet about the organisation. You can download a copy of the pamphlet by clicking on the image below. (Note that the membership dues quoted in this pamphlet have been superseded. Please see the new membership and standing order forms.)